5 Mar 2012

Loss of a Hero

A lot of things going on this week so wasn't able to do a new post this week so I thought I would dedicate this weeks post to a fallen hero...

RIP PC David Rathband

PC Rathband was the survivor of two gunshots to the head by the mad gunman Raoul Moat. From the word go PC Rathband showed his bravery by telling his family to release a picture of him with his injuries to the press to help in the capture of the fleeing criminal.

PC Rathband was the worse victim of Raoul Moat's rampage as he was the only one still alive and having to live with the mental torment. A lot of things were publicised as a result of what his brother thought was PTSD including PC Rathband splitting his marriage to his wife.

It is thought that PC Rathband took his own life and we can only speculate but I for one would not be able to say that I could have faired better than that man in the circumstances and pressure he had been under.

My thoughts are with the family of PC Rathband and I implore you to look at his charity PC David Rathbands Blue Lamp Foundation which help injured officers and their family's...

Rest in peace fallen hero...

2 comments:

GST Training said...

Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

Learn Digital Marketing said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

Post a Comment